Monday, August 27, 2018

Week 11 Comin' in Hot

Tomorrow is 11 weeks. Time is flying by and soon I will hopefully be sporting another little baby bump. I am thicker in the mid section, but no one would dare ask if I was pregnant yet. I am ready for a bump though. I am ready to feel baby kicks and slowly dare to dream the dream of holding another sweet little smooshy bean in our arms. Thank God I am here in this place at this moment. We need this little baby in our family. This is such a gift, I cry when I think about it. Sometimes I allow myself to imagine march, my big belly, the delivery and the moment when we embrace this little one in our arms. It literally knocks the wind from my chest in the best way possible, but then I stop myself. The doubt and the what ifs caused by life experiences jade my mind and I tell myself to quit it. For today, we have a heartbeat and what looks to be a healthy baby steadily growing so I try to remain hopeful for the future.

Speaking of hope, the fall weather has put fresh wind in my sails. It may also be the inching closer to the second trimester that has me feeling some of the fog lifting. Seeing rain soak the fields instead of us chasing irrigation is a HUGE bonus on our work load. Final fall plantings will be happening over the next several weeks inside the hoop houses and winter CSA will begin 10/13. Our final CSA for summer is October 6. I can see it on the horizon. There is an end in sight and it feels more within reach. Kids begin school next week and the following as well so that will be another work load that lessons up for me. I love my kids dearly, but they are bored and the messes are insane. I am ready to have my house clean 6 hours a day 5 days a week. I am ready for routines that come right behind the crisp mornings. I am so ready for it all. Good things all within reach. The long days of August are almost over and the fun days of Sept harvests in cooler temps are starting. Best time of year ever!

To add to the good vibes this week, our AirBnB cabins are just full to the brim. The tiny cabin has yet to be empty one night since I put it on AirBnB!!! What a huge success that has been for us.

I am also taking a little me time and working on projects with some new found time now that I am not in the fields every waking moment. It feels amazing to do something I want to do this week instead of everything I HAVE to do. I may even find the time to begin reading again. It's all the little things.



Ridiculously cute kids, oh and fur balls too ;) 

No comments: