Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Homeschool Moments

I just want to say how much I enjoy homeschooling. I hope that I am someone's inspiration when they get tired, burned out or just plain want to quit as we all sometimes get. I was there a few months ago and I apppreciate and thank all you homeschool bloggers because you keep me going during those times. I am in an upswing right now though. I am completely in awe and happy to be homeschooling. We are having so much fun this summer, going to $1 movies, lagoons, aqua centers, swimming meet ups and other fun activities with our homeschool group. We are so blessed to have them. I dont know how any family goes without the support of a wonderful Chrisitan homeschool group because I dont honestly think I could. Our group is large and growing and local and supportive and meets frequently and chats online and just plain awesome! The leaders moved our group to an online meetup site recently so we can chat frequently and it has been so neat. My kids just plain amaze me at all they know. We have taught them so much about life and learning and joy and its just so cool that I get to be there and be the one, the one who does all this with them. I am so lucky, so blessed, so happy and try to always remind myself of why I do this when there is a down month sometimes and we all get there on occasion, but the bigger picture plays out and we realize why we are doing what we are doing. My kids are learning and happy and healthy and behind older peers socially who are getting more sexualized and culturalized the way society inevitably does. My kids aren't and for that, I can truely say, I am thrilled.

1 comment:

Kat M said...

I am glad that homeschooling is going so well for you guys! Are you still taking the unschooling approach?