Monday, September 3, 2018

Week 12 Tomorrow

12 weeks with our sweet rainbow. Got a little baby bump forming :) 


Pregnancy hormones this go round have been so much different. I can't.stop.cleaning......and organizing. Yes that is paint in my hair. I can't control myself. I am so tired, yet I have these urges to have my entire house gone through room by room and what better place to start than the garage and mud room since school starts back soon! We found mold in our kitchen recently so that also ended up on a priority list for the coming weeks and months. There is just so much to do on top of farming. This is the time of year, as we move out of the fields a bit more, when we assess the summer damage to the house. I am ready to update things anyhow. I'm not sure if it's grief or what, but I cannot handle the dark colors of our home anymore. I need white, clean, light greys, just NOT browns, reds and blacks like we currently have. I think it is the knowing winter is on it's way that has me rushing ahead to paint and wipe away all signs of dreary when I know the dreary days are nearing. At least inside I need light. The list is big, the work is bigger, but we all know I am no stranger or shy to hard work. It is just a matter of digging in, getting messy and getting it done. I will thank myself later. Dark, short days lie ahead, this will ensure us something cheery in our lives during winter. How I dread winter, January 10th especially.   :(


My little helpers.....add in puppies and dogs too! Oh and a sneak peak at the new flooring


 Before! YUCKKKKKKK

 After, almost done. Not quite. I'll update once Nate puts in the 2 rows of hooks. There will be an upper row for a coat and sweater for each of us and a lower set of hooks for each child's backpack. Bellow that are bins for shoes. It will keep things organized during the school year so our mornings will run smooth. 
Amazing what some deep cleaning, white paint and peel and stick flooring can do for a mudroom! Tada!! I will keep updating all the projects as I go. 

No comments: