Monday, April 28, 2008

Back to Peaceful Parenting

Okay I am highly discouraged with myself. I have resorted to punitive parenting over the past week as I was having some self-doubt about my abilities as a mother-stupid hormones. I have spoken to the kids this morning and we are back to our plan. I am modeling by being peaceful and living joyfully and praying they will as well. I realize why this happened last week and I am glad I caught it and got back on track. I was under too much stress last week, Wyatt has been going to the Drs to get his diagnosis for Aspergers so we can do all we can to make sure he has every opportunity possible, my sister had a 10 hour back surgery, we had a playdate with like 15 kids here Wednesday, we went to the park several times, tball, brownies, church, home teaching, still on a crappy budget that I cant stand and of course, my hormones playing wacky games with me so here I stand, determined to fix it, to make right what I wronged and do better. Yelling and threatening has ended up backfiring and causing me more stress. Our home became a place I wanted to escape just a few hours ago. With a shift in focus, its back to peaceful and I have to remain in the moment and aware to keep it this way. I worked out, some of the kids are playing a game with silverware and hiding and finding it and counting it and paying money to each other for it. The other ones are playing legos. Life is nice this way. I am off to make lunch, shower and read some "Little House on the Prairie." This goes to show that if we stay aware, correct our behavior, the whole house can change dramatically in a matter of minutes!

2 comments:

Scarlette Rose girls said...

I just wanted to tell you that it was so nice to read your blog today, as I have been going through what you went through last week, only for a while now. It's good to know that I'm not the only one and that there is hope. I admire you greatly, you are so young with 5 beautiful children and another on way I just read on Babycenter.com. Congrautulations! I was wondering are you a Quiverfull Mom? I have been trying to find some one out there that I can ask questions, as I have a lot and get some advice from. I would love to be able to chat through email with you if you would be willing. Again, congratulations on your beautiful family and life!
Alicia

Farmer Mama said...

Hey we are quiverful minded, you can email me at natejanis@adelphia.net