Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Flylady Day 8

Flylady.com "Here you are; you have been FLYing for a whole week. I am so proud of you. Lets review your new habits. I am going to break them down into what you do each morning and what you do each evening.
Morning Routine
- Get up and get dressed to lace up shoes; fixing your hair and face- Looking at your posted reminders in the kitchen and bathroom- Reading 2 minutes of reminders- Recognizing the negative voices and changing them; YOU ARE FLYing NOW!- Put out your Hot Spots for 2 minutes
Before Bed Routine
- Keep your sink shining- Lay out your clothes for tomorrow- Put out your Hot Spot (I have to do this twice a day) It makes me smile in the morning!
Over the last week we have introduced you to our reminders and the basis of our routines. As you establish these habits it will become easy to add another habit for you to practice.
Today I want you to find an old three ring binder and just put some paper in it. Then at the top of one page write Morning Routine and on the top of another page write Before Bed Routine all in pencil. This is a working document; do not allow your perfectionism to interfere with the process. Now you can write your simple routines on each page. "
So, I added the paper to the front of our unschooling notebook and wrote my new routines. Today was pretty simple, the big job was to go through the living room and dust all the nick knacks and pictures and clean off hard surfaces so I finished that in 10 minutes or so. Its nice to move through the house and do little bits every day that keep your home from ever becoming completely nasty all at once. It is done in little steps each day so you never get totally behind and overwhelmed, though I wish 1 load of laundry a day kept chaos away. In our house 2-3 loads a day will barely keep chaos away so I try to force at least 2, usually 3 and I usually do around 2 loads of dishes each day here too. As for flylady being unschooler friendly??? Well, I do it because I like it so I am not sure why that would jive with our lifestyle?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi you don't know me but I found your blog awhile ago and just wanted to say I admire your determination to build such a quality life for your family! I only have one baby and I work part time and am feeling totally overwhelmed but your posts make me feel like there are people who make it work with many more babies while still being happy so maybe I can too! Best of luck with your search for faith I am LDS and I appreciate your honesty about your concerns and struggles. you are in my prayers!