Monday, October 19, 2009

Some Feelings About Unschooling

My kids have been to school a few times and I am so grateful that we are continuing on our unschooling path. I love that my kids don't have conventional parenting or schooling and that they get to grow in their own unique ways and time. I love that we get to love them for exactly who they are today and what we know deep down they will become tomorrow. I love that they aren't lumped into a system that is more worried about tests than humanity or character and like many will attest to, they are best friends. God and family are so important and being home together each day provides plentiful opportunities to learn about God, serve others and grow strong family friendships. I love being able to unconditionally love and parent my kids and that no one at "school" can impose conditional acceptance because there isn't "school." Homeschooling is a HUGE blessing! I am so glad we live in a country free enough to allow it. Amen to that!

1 comment:

Cat said...

I wish I had the faith to unschool, but honestly I just can't let go of the mentality yet. Especially after having my oldest in public for the second half of K last school year.................