Wednesday, September 22, 2010

28 days at most!!

I have 21-28 days til delivery now(depending on my dr visit next week). I am getting more and more anxious by the day. I am so excited to meet my lil guy, but so nervous with him being a boy as to whether or not he will be healthy enough to room with me and go home with me. This has been absolutely the roughest end of pregnancy for me. I'm having terrible tailbone pain coupled with nonstop "girl" issues/infections despite tons of yogurt and almost no sugar in my diet, bouts of minor svt(minor being heartrates under 200) several times a week, a very large belly and heartburn like crazy. To top it all off I have been contracting 7-10 minutes apart for 4 days now. I am 2-3 cm dilated and 70%+ effaced so I am not even sure I will make it to induction. Of course the selfish part of me does not want to make it, but for Jesse's sake, I know its best if I can make it, but my body may have other plans. I feel he is VERY large as I have never been one to get too big of a bump during pregnancy and I look as though I swallowed 2 basketballs right now. I am pretty big. I have gained my normal amount, but my belly is just huge. I will hopefully get a new camera today and post pics later on. I get steroids for his lungs next Wednesday so that will ease my mind some.

On a lighter note, HAPPY first day of fall! Its beautiful here, about 45 degrees and raining with lots of fog. It feels so festive. I am making cranberry pork roast for dinner and counting down til Oct 1st so I can pull out all the halloweeny decor:) This Friday is Kayla's 10th and Kenna's 3rd b-day party(their actual b-day is Sept 28th....yes born on the same day:)). We are taking them to a rodeo with all our friends and family. We plan to do tailgate cake and gifts before we go into the actual rodeo so it should be a really fun and a memorable birthday for them. We are all really looking forward to that Friday night!

4 comments:

Blended in Texas said...

I get VERY large prego bellies and I have VERY large babies (11.8,10.4,8.6-3 weeks early and 9.14). So, you might very well be carrying a large boy. ;-) I will be praying all goes well for you and the baby and that little Jesse arrives safe and healthy!

Mothertomanyblessings said...

I pray for peace and comfort for you in this last part of your pregnancy. I have 7 days till my due date. God bless.

Amanda said...

I had big babies - 8lbs,14oz and 8lbs,13oz. Both babies were very healthy at birth and that was with me having gestational diabetes on the last pregnancy. Jesse could very well just be a big healthy boy. Praying for a safe and healthy delivery.

Farmer Mama said...

Amanda, what point of pregnancy did you deliver your nearly 9 lbers? I am early enough that I hope to escape having an 8+ lber simply because my largest was 7.7 and tore me everywhere and I had so many stitches OUCH