Friday, October 17, 2008

Wyatt's Surgery

Wyatt relaxing with his blankie and basketball after surgery

Wyatt had surgery this morning at 7 am, they did a bowel resection to help finally stop all the prolapse issues that he has dealt with since he was 3. He will be 7 in January to put it in perspective. He had one other surgery recently to try and fix this problem, it was just sclerosing injections and failed. This time they actually cut out some of the bowels that were prolapsing out during every bowel movement he had. They also did more injections to the upper areas of the bowel to make SURE that he has no more prolapse. He is doing well considering, although he has complained about his "butt" hurting quite a bit. They actually sent him home same day which suprised Nate and I, but I guess these days they dont keep you in the hosptial for any longer than needed which is kind of good. Wyatt always wants to be home as much as possible so this is where he will heal up best. He has not had much appetite, but seems more lively this afternoon since the kids came home from their last day of school.

6 comments:

Jenn said...

Hi Janis,
You don't know me, but I found your blog addy on the LF board at BBC. I have been reading for a while now, and wanted to tell you that I love reading it! I may not always agree with everything you say/believe, but I love that you are so strong-willed, and not afraid to let people know what you think is right/wrong! I look up to you as a mother, and a lot of the stuff you have put on here, has made me stop and re-evaluate what I am doing. Keep up the good work!

Amanda said...

Glad he is doing good now and I hope his recovery continues as smoothly as possible!

Aubrey said...

Poor guy, I hope he heals up quickly!

LittleStinkers said...

Janis ~ I hope that he has healed quickly and is now feeling better. Poor little guy...

Jeanie said...

Ok we need to talk...
My son aged 7 has bowel issues. He withholds...then has a "bloweout" as I call it. He apparently had one @ school yesterday and had the leaky stuff behind the stool come out. Too gross to post...I want to exchange emails or something...
What was Wyatts issue?

Farmer Mama said...

Jeanie, you are more than welcome to email me....natejanis@adelphia.net :0)